Welcome to trail markers for your spiritual journey!
Jesus patterned biblical spirituality (JPBS) provides an interpretative lens to assist your experience with
- *making sense of life and choices
- *reframing the past
- *having hope for tomorrow
- *dealing constructively with today and
- *loving and feeling loved – deeply, unconditionally, and with satisfaction
- JPBS offers a universal approach that requires no borrowed confession of faith or religious belief.
- It looks at:
*the pattern of what Jesus said and did
- *seeking the spirituality of Jesus’ teachings and practices rather than a religion about him
- *biblical “spirituality” not “religion” – not ideas more reflective of cultural norms, but what Jesus quoted of Scripture and what Scripture he chose to not talk about.
- Our site has visitors and seekers from around the world, literally every continent, and many religions as well as those with no active faith tradition – it addresses the universal search for meaning, connection, and wholeness. Everything on the site is free of charge to view, share, or download.
- The contributors to this site are listed on the Contributors to JPBS page.
- You can find copies of our content – audios and videos – on the Spiritual Resource Center page.
- A twelve-volume Bible study curriculum, Foundation Stones, we produced will be available soon for free download on the Foundation Stones page (coming soon).
- To contact us, please go to the Contact page. You can also make donations there to support this site (donations are NOT tax-deductible).
- Richard Davenport
JPBS Curator & Director
The photos on this page were taken at summer conferences we held for many years at the Asilomar State Park and Conference Grounds overlooking Monterey Bay on the central California coast. In sharing these pictures and the videos below we hope to give some sense of the energy, love, freedom, and character of many who found new horizons and fresh vision for their journey through the trail markers for their spiritual journey found on this site.